Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Favorite Things! Fall

Fall is my favorite season, so one of the hardest parts about living here in Houston is not having a fall season, at least not the kind that I'm used to - the wind getting brisk, the smell of cold in the air, the leaves changing color (they're changing here but only because they are dead from the drought). 

Here is one of my other favorite things.  It's a wind chime.  But not just any wind chime; a hand made by my brother Jared wind chime.  It's not much to look at (no offense Jared), but the sound is divine.  It's not your run of the mill whimsical tinkering chime (bleh, who needs those).  It's got guts, this wind chime; a deep, earthy, nautical quality.  And sometimes it even sounds eerie;  a "something wicked this way comes" vibe.  Perfect for the Halloween season.  This wind chime is my fall.



Maybe I'll try to record the sound sometime, but I fear the magic would be lost in the translation.  You'll just have to take my word for it.

1 comment:

Massic Effect said...

Not much to look at?! speak for your self. j/k Well I'm really glad you like it, ha let alone keep it! :) It is a really deep sounding one isn't it.