Sunday, August 16, 2009

Delicious

As I think I've mentioned before, I like trying out new recipes. And fortunately for me I have a husband who isn't at all particular and will graciously eat whatever I feed him - thus making it that much easier to experiment.



Here are two of the latest tryouts that have made the cut:

Happy Cheese Bread

This recipe I found on a blog I like to read called Scribbit. The writer frequently posts recipes and in fact just this morning posted another one I really want to try sometime.

Since Daniel and I are huge fans of cheese, it wasn't a matter of If I was going to try making Happy Cheese Bread but rather when I would get around to it.

Verdict: It was as good as I hoped it would be but a bit of a challenge to make - mostly because of my ineptitude and not becacuse of the recipe. Although I did find I had to add A LOT more flour than the recipe called for. Still I would definitely make this again.

Cake Truffles

My co-worker brought these into work the other week for a potluck and they were a huge hit. So I knew I would just have to make them - and soon. (Yea, they're that good). She called them cake balls but I think Cake Truffles sounds more epicurean.

Verdict: They couldn't be easier to make and the best part about the whole concept is the endless list of possiblities mixing and matching cake and frosting flavors. The ones I made were cherry chip (cake and frosting) but I can't wait to try other flavors (german chocolate with coconut frosting, red velvet with cream cheese frosting, lemon flavors dipped in white chocolate...oh I could go on and on and on...but I'm drooling so I'll stop there.

2 comments:

Carrie and Tyson said...

Mmmm...potlucks! I like that you put recipes and pictures of the finished project on your blog.

Rebecca said...

oh yum! I have a Cheddar shortbread recipe that I made. Very quick and easy. Yum!