Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chicken Stuffed Shells

Dinner today was another experiment. I found a recipe in one of my books and tweaked it a bit. It wasn't too bad. Nothing to do cartwheels over, but not bad.

Ingredients:
16 jumbo pasta shells (cooked al dente)
2 cups prepared stuffing
2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1/4 cup Miracle Whip (I used light)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
Shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)

Directions:
Mix prepared stuffing, chicken and Miracle Whip.
Stuff into shells and place in a 9x9 baking dish.
Mix soup, sour cream and enough water (about a half a can) to thin the mixture.
Pour soup mixture over shells and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

This recipe, like I said was decent. And it was pretty easy. I would have used homemade cream of chicken soup, but we didn't have milk. I think it would have been good with any kind of cheese too (swiss, cheddar, colby jack etc).

No comments: