Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Love Crockpots

I do. They're so easy. There's nothing better than coming home after work knowing that I don't have to make dinner...it's all done. I stumbled across the website a while ago and I love it: http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/. I've only made a couple of things from it, but I love dreaming about all the recipes that I'm going to try someday.

Especially interesting to some of you (Brionne) will be to know that a lot of the recipes are Gluten Free.

Yesterday Matthew smoked a pork and we were invited to dinner (it was fantastic by-the-way). We decided to bring a side dish of potatoes. "Funeral" potatoes sounded particularly yummy, but Matthew doesn't like "cream of" soups. Then I remembered seeing a recipe on this website that mentioned a "cream of" soup alternative. So here they are, the Funeral Potatoes with NO "cream of" soups:

It was pretty easy to make (certainly longer than just opening a can of soup, but I had the time) and they tasted good. We didn't miss the "cream of" soup at all.

No comments: