Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Zoo






Emily says it's my turn to post on the blog so I'll write a bit about the next place on the list of places to visit in Houston: the zoo. Though most of the animals weren't doing much but sleeping, the weekends are always a very welcome break from both of our busy workweeks. Having said that, the monkeys were quite lively. We got a close-up view of the orangutan. I didn't know a primate existed that is hairier than me! At least to me, he looked surprisingly human compared to the other monkeys.






We also went to "Trader's Village." A HUGE flea market about 25 minutes from here. Finding the place was an adventure which is becoming routine for every new place we go. We were drawn there to see the chili and bbq cook off. Turns out cook offs are not big spectator events like we had hoped, but we had fun at the flea market. We had some delicious bbq beef sandwiches and frito pie.



The weather continues to be very nice compared to Utah. Usually between the 50s and 70s. I like the fact that I don't have to shovel any walks or scrape the windows of my car but we would like to see a thunderstorm while we are out here. So far we have had only one day of rain and a weak one at that.




2 comments:

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Wow, what an adventure. I am sooo jealous of the weather. I'm sitting here with the heater cranked up and toasty socks on. Honestly, you are both so lucky. Luv the pix of the orangutan.

Rebecca Reid said...

Sounds nice and warm. I'm so cold today!!