Sunday, February 15, 2009

Things I love

  • Trees. I love the way tree trunks twist and turn. I love the way sunlight comes through the leaves. I love the sound of the leaves rustling in the wind. I just love everything about trees.
  • Food. Enough said.
  • Big family dinners. I love the chaos and the conversation and the feeling of being together with family and eating homecooked food.
  • The smell of clean laundry. You know how sometimes when you're walking down the street, you can smell someone doing laundry...the exhaust smell from the dryers? I love that smell.
  • Thunderstorms. The pouding rain, the rolls of thunder, the lightening strikes - love it.
  • Crossword puzzles. Even if I can only get two or three clues in an entire puzzle, I have to try.
  • Cheese.
  • Chocolate.
  • The smell of winter. Have you ever noticed that smell that comes around in the fall when it's starting to get cold outside...the wood burning smell. That's what I'm talking about.
  • Reading. I could read all day, and I have.
  • Words. I like looking up words and I like most games that involve words and I like saying words - fun words like bulbous and bouffant and mukluk. Try it, you'll like it.
  • My husband.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Fun post! I love eating, and reading and cheese and chocolate too! And words games are tons of fun. We never had "Balderdash" when I was a kid but I liked it so my sister and I played it with a dictionary...

Unknown said...

What about the word blubber, and taberculosis.=)Love the list'o'stuff you like.