Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gold Rush Brownies

I love food, Daniel loves food; and I love trying out new recipes. So every once in a while I want to post recipes - old and new - and I hope you share your recipes in return :P

I made some of these treats this week and just can't get over how GOOD they are...even though I've eaten them hundreds of times.

This receipe comes from my mom; these "brownies" are more like a cookie bar than a traditional brownie, but whatever you call them, they are heavenly. So, if you want to try out a super easy, very sweet treat, here you go.



Ingredients:
1 package graham crackers; very finely crushed
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Evaporated milk

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking pan (8x8 or similar size) with foil. Then butter the foil.

In a medium sized bowl combine the crushed crackers through the sweetened milk and stir until all ingredients are wet. Add some evaporated milk if the batter is too dry. Pour the batter into the greased foil-lined pan and bake for about 40 minutes.

Let cool in the pan then turn upside down. Carefully peel back the foil (let's see how well you greased it) and then cut into small squares. Really, cut them however big you want, but beware they are VERY sweet.

2 comments:

Rebecca Reid said...

Here's my brownie recipe:

Open box. Mix with milk, oil and eggs. Put in pan and then in oven. Eat.

Your's is probably better, and it sounds just as easy. Some day, some day...

Laura Jensen said...

Thank you for leaving the Blonde Brownie recipe! You know those are my favorites!