Sunday, November 8, 2009

We Came, We Competed, We Conquered!



Yesterday, Daniel and I competed in the 7th Annual T3 Triathlon at the Orem Rec Center. It was a beautiful day - we couldn't have asked for better weather. It started with a 3 mile run that went pretty well. Then on to the bike ride. It was gruelling for me - at least the uphill on 4th South. Everyone that we passed on the run, passed us on the bike. So by the time we got to the swim we had free range of the lanes.


I kept telling everyone that my goal was just to finish the race, but secretly I also wanted to make sure I did it in under 2 hours, and I did. I'm not sure of our exact times, but I think it was around 1:45. And Daniel stuck with me the whole way! He definitely could have done it much, much faster on his own, but I'm glad I had him by my side.


Sorry we don't have any pictures...we forgot the camera. But my Halloween costume below, was pretty close ;)


P.S. They are having another Sprint Triathlon in April, click on the picture above for more info.

3 comments:

Genevieve Beck said...

Congrats to you both! What an awesome accomplishment!

Kathryn said...

You rock.

Rebecca said...

go you!