Saturday, November 6, 2010

Project #1 - Nursing Cover Clips

The other day Dane took a nap just long enough for me to work on this little project. I've had intentions of getting a nursing cover but just never got around to it. Then I decided that this would be more practical because I could use it on whatever blanket I had and it takes up less space than a nursing cover.

Materiels:
1 piece of fabric about 16 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide
2 suspender clips

Directions:
Fold the fabric in half lengthwise (with the wrong side facing out) and sew up the open side.

Take a hot iron and press the seam flat.

Pull the tube of fabric right side out. (I put the tube over a crochet hook, tied some of the thread ends around the hook and then pulled the hook back through the fabric)

On each end, fold up the raw edge a 1/4 inch or so and press flat with a hot iron.

Then slip the suspender clip onto each end and fold up the folded edge once more around the suspender clip about a 1/2 inch and sew closed.

You can adjust the length of the fabric to your height and liking.

This was very easy to make for a beginner (me), and very inexpensive. I paid $1.99 for the suspender clips and used left over fabric I had from a different project. I had contemplated using 1 inch wide ribbon instead of the fabric, to make it even easier, but I wanted to do it for as cheap as possible so I stuck with the fabric that I already had. So after tax it only cost $2.15. Sure beats the $8-9 price tag to buy one online.

Let me know if you try this out yourself and if you have any other fun, easy, beginner projects, pass them on. I'm trying to expand my skill set.

No comments: