Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blessing

Dane's blessing was on Sunday. Daniel gave a beautiful blessing and we had a lovely time visiting with family afterwards. When we tried to take some pictures, Dane wasn't being very cooperative (he was sleeping) so we didn't get a really good one.

Later that day we took Dane over to meet his great-grandpa Gerow and we took this wonderful four generation photo.

Dane's two-week check up was last Friday. The pediatrician referred us to a lactation consultant because Dane's weight wasn't nearly where it should have been (birth weight was 6 lb 8 oz, but he was only at 6 lb 2 oz on day 15). She kindly informed me that I wasn't producing enough milk and was basically starving our poor child. So she sent us home with a pump and a list of instructions and it's apparently been working because he gained almost 1/2 lb in three days!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh Emily he is so cute! and I know how you feel! It happened to me! Just hang in there. I know I started to feel like a cow. But it was worth it. If possible my advice would be is to get some extra parts for the pump so you don't have to wash as often. That really really helped me. I had 3 sets.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Genevieve Beck said...

He is so cute! I'm glad that is working out for you. They are just so much happier when they're eating enough food!:)

Kathryn said...

Harrison and I had the same problem. I'm sorry about the stress but glad to hear Dane's doing better! Harrison is still a little behind in weight gain, but we've been supplementing with formula for almost his whole life, and he's gaining slowly but steadily.

Those are some great pictures. So many sweet moments come with being a new mom!

Kathryn said...

I am in Utah for a month or so. We should definitely get together! Yous are in Orem, right? I'll let you know when I am going to be in the Provo area. What's your schedule like for the next couple of weeks?