Monday, October 19, 2009

Bikes and Mini Golf and Pasta

teaser: we've got a super-duper post coming up, so be ready!

So Daniel and I took our "new" bikes out for the first time on Saturday. Let's just say that I'm now more worried about the bike portion of the triathlon than the swimming. We took on a monster hill and I thought my lungs would quit on me. It was tough! We didn't go very far, but then we also did some running and some swimming. That's the first time we've done all three in one day. Overall I think it went better than I expected though.

Saturday was such a beautiful fall day (it felt more June than October) that we decided to go minature golfing and we invited Jared and Khristen to come along. It was great fun. Here are some shots of the pro-putters (I thought I had taken more pictures -guess not).





And to finish off the night, a new recipe - and once again I forgot to take a picture until the meal had been devoured. We had Spinach Ziti for dinner tonight. I was a little worried because my last couple attempts at cooking something new kind of fell flat, but this one turned out to be a winner. It was very easy and pretty healthy. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com and tweaked it a little, of course. I used frozen spinach (from our garden) instead of fresh and doubled the cream cheese (used light) and we didn't have nutmeg so I just added some other herbs to the tomatoes (basil, oregano, garlic powder and fennel seed). It was quite tasty!

No comments: