Sunday, April 5, 2009

April Fool's

So, I'm not really one for April Fool's Day. I don't like people playing jokes on me, and I'm usually too lazy to think of a joke to play on someone else. But this year I participated and it was a huge success.

Mom Gerow's birthday is April 1st. So Daniel and I decided to play a joke on her. After we went to dinner, she opened presents. Daniel and I saved ours for last. When she opened the card, this is what she saw:At first she was surprised at the fact that it wasn't a monkey card (they have a tradition in their family that everyone gets a "monkey" card for their birthday). She was like, "oh what a cute bear." Then she started reading the card, sort of out loud but mostly to herself. When she got to the word grandma she stopped, looked confused, then with wide-eyes turned to us and started jumping up and down, squealing with excitement. "Really?! Oh yeah!! Yeah! Yeah!"

Then Daniel shouted April Fool's! It's a good thing he took the initiative to do so because I was laughing too hard. We really wish we would have gotten it on tape. It was a perfect April Fool's.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh but it's kind of sad too! Because she probably wants a little grand baby.

My sister did something similar to her husband one year and he was absolutely crestfallen when he found out she was kidding...

My husband's joke on me was this: we've been sick and he went to the pharmacy to get some cough medicine. I told him he should go to the urgent care because I thought it was getting serious. He called me 30 minutes later to say he went to the urgent care and he had an inflamed Adam's apple and he needed emergency surgery. And I believe him. I know, I'm a bit slow, I guess.

Unknown said...

That is too funny. Poor Laurie, she wants gandbabies so bad.